Everybody wants to have perfect-looking teeth, but concerns such as cracked teeth, chipped teeth, or misaligned teeth compromise the appearance of your smile. While you can opt for dental braces to align them and restore your smile, their appearance may annoy you. But fret not - other options help you align your teeth, and Invisalign is one of them.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign has become a sought-after solution to restore and straighten your teeth without the use of metal wires. The procedure uses smooth, clear, and durable plastic, custom-molded into a set of invisible aligners snapping into place over your teeth. Thus, they act like braces but don’t look like them. The current set is to be replaced by the new ones once every two weeks.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is a sought-after treatment option to help you align your teeth and restore your smile.
- Unlike metal or wired braces, the appearance of Invisalign is near-invisible. You don’t have to shy away from smiling in public.
- They are easy to use and maintain and a cost-effective option to opt for.
- You don’t have to compromise with your eating habits. With Invisalign, you can eat anything and everything as they are easily removable.
What is the Procedure of Invisalign?
- During your initial appointment, we will examine your mouth and also talk to you about your requirements. Upon finding you are suitable for the procedure, we will discuss the treatment protocol and its length.
- We will start with the digital molding process. It may happen on the same day of your first appointment or later.
- We will take a digital scan, photographs, and X-rays of your mouth to create a suitable model of your teeth and mouth. We will send these impressions to the laboratory to create your custom Invisalign aligners.
- Once your aligners are prepared, we will fit them on your teeth. The aligners are clear, invisible, and painless to install.
- We will also suggest you visit our clinic for a follow-up, where we will check the overall fit of the aligner and the movement of your teeth while you wear them.
- You will notice that gradually your teeth are straightened out.
How to Care For Invisalign?
You must care for your Invisalign appropriately. Brush your aligner using a soft-bristled toothbrush to keep the accumulation of food away. The aligners may crack, break or lose their shape upon falling. Thus, be careful when you use them. Please do not wear the same set for more than two weeks and keep them clean all the time.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Pleasanton, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Dogra. Please call us at (925) 600-9006 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.